|The information contained in this section is taken verbatim from HISTORICALLY FAMOUS LIGHTHOUSES - CG-232. Although the format has been changed slightly for better reading and display. BJ 'n Cindy |
- INSPECTION REPORTS BY ARMY, NAVY, REVENUE CUTTER OFFICERS AND SPECIAL AGENTS OF THE TREASURY DEPARTMENT-The National Archives, WASHINGTON, D. C.
- ANNUAL REPORTS OF THE LIGHTHOUSE BOARD, 1852-1910.
- LIGHTHOUSES AND LIGHTSHIPS OF THE UNITED STATES (1917 and 1933). By George R. Putnam-Houghton-Mifflin Co. (by permission).
- SENTINEL OF THE COASTS (1937). By George R. Putnam-W. W. Norton Co., Inc., New York (by permission).
- FAMOUS NEW ENGLAND LIGHTHOUSES (1945). By Edward Rowe Snow-The Yankee Publishing Co., 72 Broad Street, Boston, Mass. (by permission).
- LIGHTHOUSES OF THE MAINE COAST (1935). By R. T. Sterling-Stephen Daye Press, Brattleboro, Vt. (by permission).
- THE LIGHTHOUSE SERVICE-ITS HISTORY, ACTIVITIES, AND ORGANIZATION (1926). By George Weiss-The Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore, Md.
- CAPE FLORIDA LIGHTHOUSE. A paper presented to a joint meeting of the South Florida Historical Association and the Florida Historical Society at Miami in April 1949 by Lt. Comdr. Charles M. Brookfield, USCGR.